Any way to stop GIF Loop?

Hi well I have big issue with Lottie GIF animations that I can’t stop looping of the gif.Is there any way to fix that thru JSON or smth ? Thanks !

Did you convert the lottie to a gif? If you did, you can open into Photoshop and set the loop from “forever” to “none”

You can also try Animated GIF Maker to see if you can turn the loop off.

1 Like

Yea but exporting gif will screw up quality and add some dots around the gif

Yeah GIF format is probably adding dither and other pixilzation problems. You can export a Lottie as a gif on the edit lottie page, which might be a better option?

Well yea that’s where it turns up messy + color when export it is wrong for some reason…I have like purple-ish color of my GIF but when I export its Pink.Here is an example https://i.imgur.com/KXDIxmd.gif

And this is real one: Screenshot by Lightshot

Sorry, I think I would try to export from After Effects as a PNG sequence then bring into Photoshop and then export as a gif from there.

Mkay but how will I get this exact gif from lottiefiles in to AE ? I am not original creator of this GIF so that’s why I’m asking

Did you buy the Lottie animation? Did you find it on the publicly free area? If you bought it, then it should come with the After Effects file. If not, maybe contact the creator.

But in all honesty that animation should be easily recreated if you jumped into After Effects.

Make a copy of the page and remove the gif. Link the Gif page to Gif removed page and set the delay to a few seconds. This is not a solution, this is just a hack.

Even when I create a GIF by other means from After Effects, it still loops…
I don’t see how these solutions help the original question?

You have already been told to stop looping via editing for example in Photoshop.

After Effects may not provide this functionality

With all due respect, this is not a professional solution.

Its easier just to stick a movie file in, and the Photoshop animation tools are just too archaic to be used at a professional level.
I’m sorry - but Figma promises a lottie animation tool, and I don’t feel this is a 100% honest statement.
Have a look at the Lottie tools in FlutterFlow. Thats what we need.

This is your point of view and you have the right to it, however, if there is a certain task, then professionalism depends on how you do it, and not what methods or software you will use. For me AE is a way to make animation, Photoshop is for saving in proper format. The world would be too perfect if all this could be possible to make in a single software product :slight_smile:

I agree, but if this was the case, why doesn’t Figma tell you this? I shouldn’t be going into forums. Don’t be advertising a Lottie plugin, when its really a Gif workaround. Maybe 10 years ago this workaround would have been okay, but in the age of subscriptions - it’s not.

It should say 'you cant load Lottie files directly into Figma, you will need Photoshop). My frustration is with misleading paying customers - ie me.

I have no problem with this pipeline as I have been using Ps for 2 decades, but try explaining this to my younger staff…

Cheers - and thanks for the feedback, we will win in the end :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like