Missing arms when exported to lottie

I have created 2 characters in illustrator, imported to after effects, animated and then exported to Lottie. I replaced 3 of the arms with new paths created in after effects and these arms haven’t exported out to Lottie. I was wondering why this might be? Cheers

1 Like

This sounds interesting. I would love to help you troubleshoot this. Can you post some screenshots of how you have your layer content structured in AE or link your project file. I’ll take a look and see what the issue is

1 Like

Hi, thank you for looking at this. Is this enough information you need?

1 Like

So the shape layers are the new paths you created in AE and those are not showing up in the Lottie render? This screenshot will help some but it may not be enough info to decipher the problem. Though lets test, try un-parenting the shape layers from the AI file layers see if that has any impact on the render results.

Echoing @isionindustriesoffic I think we need to see more, maybe the full composition window and then what the lottie export screen shows.

Hi, same problem here.
I am working on a path that morph (the morphing animation has been made manually. No morphing effect) from a shopping cart to a piggy bank. The body of the pig is one path, the tail another, the eye is a circle, and it has two other curved lines.
Despite the body to be one closed path, when I export the project with lottiefiles, the segment between the tail and the rear leg is missing. Why only this part of the path??
When I render it and export it to mp4 video, there is no problem.
Actually, the only hint that I could notice is that the part that is removed is the first vertex of the path. Does it make sense?

Thank you!

Maybe there are some vertices that are super close to each-other but not actually “joined” together. Kind of hard to tell without seeing the vector path and vertex setup in full