Embedding or .json issue (Xamarin)?

Dear Lottie community,

I’m very impressed by the underlying technology behind .json and Lottie implementations, enabling smooth motions on even the oldest of smartphones. However, it seems my team has an integration or .json design issue. Please find how the animation and background should look when correct below (Currently on a Huawei P20 Pro and same on new phone models):

Please note the application is made in Xamarin, with Android native implementation on the splash screen [One in the picture].

However, this is how it appears on OnePlus 3 (Android 8). Interferance in background and multiple copies of the animation (all in wrong places):

This is how it appears on Infinix Note 9 (Android 9). Wrong color background, and multiple instances of the animation in the same place:

Lastly, the .json has some warnings attached to it - detected from lottie. Please find these in the below post.

I would very much appreciate any suggestions of what why this could be, either due to design or embedding issues. Has anyone come across similar and do anyone have experience with Xamarin lottie integrations?

Thanks in advance,
Henrik

Here are the warnings mentioned in the original post:

• Lottie doesn’t support layer effects . If you are using them for fills , strokes , trim paths etc , then try adding them directly as contents in your shape . Found : [ Elastic : Position ]

• Lottie doesn’t support layer effects . If you are using them for fills , strokes , trim paths etc. then try adding them directly as contents in your shape . Found : [ Elastic Controller , Elastic Controller : Scale - Transform ]

• Lottie doesn’t support expressions . Lottie doesn’t support layer effects . If you are using them for fills , strokes , trim paths etc. then try adding them directly as contents in your shape . Found : [ Elastic Controller ]

• Lottie doesn’t support layer effects . If you are using them for fills , strokes , trim paths etc. then try adding them directly as contents in your shape . Found : [ Elastic : Position , Elastic : Position 2 ]

• Lottie doesn’t support layer effects . If you are using them for fills , strokes , trim paths etc. then try adding them directly as contents in your shape . Found : [ Elastic Controller , Elastic Controller : Scale ]

@henrik

Lottie does not support all features of Adobe After Effects; please refer to the list below in the link below;

1 Like

Hi @nick
Thank you for reverting! Appreciated.
Ok, this is according to what I thought. However, it seems the json runs quite well on these phones usually, but when evolving xamarin they break.

Would you still consider the problem to be by design considering the outcomes of the different models? Shouldnt it not work at all, on any, if it was due to the features?

Kind regards,
Henrik

Hello @henrik
That is a valid point, I have shared your case with our dev team and they would like to have your animation json file for further inspection since it works well in the native android player but not in xamarin.
Could you kindly share the json file with us at Support@lottiefiles.com ?

@nick
Thank you for your prompt reply. Again, very appreciated.
I’ve sent a separate email with the file attached for your convenience.

Kind Regards,
Henrik

Hi @nick

Just wanted follow up on our previous discussion. I’ve sent an email, but without any response. Just wanted to make sure you’ve received it.

Kind Regards,
Henrik

Hi @henrik

We have responded to your email previously and also today. Could you please check your spam box? The email might have landed over there.

Hi Nick,

thanks for your prompt reply.
I’ve checked the spam folder and inbox but unfortunately can’t find any reply expect this one I’m replying to. How can that be? Did it contain any file that did even enter the inbox maybe?

Would you be able to paste the reply in and I will revert a confirmation if I receive it.

Kind regards,
Henrik

Den ons 29 sep. 2021 03:27Nick Vemmal via Let’s talk Lottie <lottiefiles@discoursemail.com> skrev:

Hi @henrik
That is pretty weird. Please find the reply below

Hello Henrik

Thank you for your patience. Our engineers had a look at your animation and confirmed it is working fine by itself. They suspect it has probably more to do with layout tiling. You can refer to this link for further details & hope to get this resolved at your end.

Thanks nick for fast reply!
I’ll send it over to the tech team and get back to you guys either way so you know.

//Henrik

Den ons 29 sep. 2021 08:03Nick Vemmal via Let’s talk Lottie <lottiefiles@discoursemail.com> skrev: