Android text opacity issues

Hello all!

I have a problem concerning Lottie animations that are used in Android. The problem that I have can be recreated as follows in After Effects:

1. Create a composition containing some shapes and some text. Let’s call this composition A.
  2. Create a second composition (composition B) and load composition A into this one.
  3. Now animating composition A as a whole, change the opacity of composition A from 100% to 0% to 100% at some point in the animation.

Now at some point, all of composition A should be invisible, including the text layers because we’ve changed the opacity of the entire composition.

However, when I render this and it is loaded into Android, somehow the text layers remain visible?
As if Android only accepts that the shapes of composition A can go to opacity 0%, but the text layers cannot?

I’ve tried to fix this by “animating” the text as well and also changing the text opacity to 0 separately from the rest of the composition, but this also does not work.

Could somebody please help me, why does Android not accept the opacity change in the text?

It’s a long shot, but you might try and convert your text to s shape layer?

Thanks all for the advice! The problem was eventually fixed some time ago because the developers had not used the latest Android version :smiling_face_with_tear: So in essence nothing was wrong with the animation :rofl: