Addressing Issues with Premium Plan Functionality

Hi there,

I would like to address a concern regarding the functionality of the premium plan on the platform. Despite offering a variety of downloadable formats and customizable sizes, the process of downloading MP4/GIF files is excessively time-consuming and problematic. This issue has resulted in a significant waste of time during file management and processing.

Additionally, I would like to discuss the ongoing challenges faced with the Figma to Lottie feature. Many animations that appear normal in Figma preview lose layers when converted to Lottie, even though the documentation says these features are supported.

I urge the platform to prioritize resolving these issues promptly, as they significantly impact the user experience. Since the subscription plan only offers a one-year option. I don’t want to spend this year using tools that don’t meet expectations.

Thank you for your attention to these matters.

1 Like

Hi @designers,

Thank you for bringing these concerns to our attention. We understand the frustration that can come from encountering issues with functionality, especially when it affects the efficiency of your workflow.

To better assist you with the MP4/GIF download issues, could you please provide us with some sample files that have been problematic?

Regarding the issue you’ve faced with the Figma to Lottie feature, it would be incredibly helpful if you could share sample Figma designs that lose layers when converted to Lottie.

This will help us investigate the matter further and work towards a solution.
We take these matters seriously and are committed to enhancing the user experience on our platform.

Please feel free to email us at support@lottiefiles.com with the samples or any additional information you think might be relevant. We appreciate your patience and cooperation as we work to resolve these issues.