Unsupported features

Hi, this is my first time using LottieFiles.

I’ve noticed that most of the free LottieFiles available on the site don’t work well after the download. Either they are rendered distorted or they are not rendered at all.

I tried a lot of them and only one (a very simple check icon) in my tests worked.

I tried both the vue player and the web player and the problem is in both cases.

Doing a bit of research I think it’s due to LottieFiles implementing “unsupported features”.

As a test I also used your “Preview Lottie animation tool” and when I load the LottieFiles I get the error “This file contains unsupported features”

What’s the point of having hundreds of free LottieFiles animations available if you can’t use them?

You should at least indicate next to each animation whether they work or not because it is a waste of time to try dozens and dozens of examples only to realize that none of them work. Or rather, people should upload files after testing that they work.

A question arises… How do the examples on the site all work but when you download them they don’t work? Are there any other better ways instead of the web player or Vue player?

Hi @Daniele,

I’m sorry to hear about the trouble you’re having with LottieFiles animations.
Lottie animations generally work well on the web or Vue player when using the latest versions.

While some animations may not function correctly due to unsupported features, those that work on the LottieFiles platform should render correctly on the web player as well.

Could you please let me know which version of the web/Vue player you are using?

When you mention animations isn’t working after download, could you provide more details or steps to reproduce the issue? For example, did you apply any specific color palette to the animation? Sharing specific examples of animations that didn’t work well after download would also be helpful in diagnosing the issue.

If you prefer, you can also email us at support@lottiefiles.com, and we’ll be happy to personally assist you further.

Thank you for your patience as we work to resolve this issue.

Hi Haleeza, thank you for replying.

Here you will find a link to one example:
Lotties Examples

The vue player version I use is: “@lottiefiles/dotlottie-vue”: “^0.3.6”

I installed it as explained in the Lotties Developer doc:

I use the DotLottieVue component as the example pointing the src attribute to each lottie path

In the example I am using the host file → https://lottie.host/fa62823f-4ee0-455a-883a-e30329de9d35/fqYaLqGmg5.lottie but the same problem occurs also if a download the lottie file with the “Download & Export” button

In the examples above you find 6 animation:

1. It works
  2. the animation is distorted
  3. the animation is not rendered at all
  4. the animation is not rendered at all
  5. I have changed the palette color → the animation is distorted
  6. the animation is not rendered at all

I used random pic but the last time I tried dozens of “Book”, “Books” animation and I confirm you that the almost the totally I tried they were not working wll (distorted or not rendered at all)

These are the animations I tried now

In fact I would expect all the examples on the site to be replicable but for some reason they are not.

I limited myself to using the vue player component as shown in the documentation… if I made a mistake or there are better ways, I don’t know.

Thank you for the detailed explanation; it was really helpful.

Our team has investigated the issue and discovered a bug within the platform that causes the file to become corrupted, despite it playing fine on the web.

We are prioritizing this issue. In the meantime, please avoid using the color palette, as it is causing the file to become corrupted.

I will let you know as soon as possible.

It seems you’re facing issues with LottieFiles animations due to unsupported features or compatibility problems. To address this, use the LottieFiles preview tool before downloading to check for compatibility, and look for animations marked as compatible with Lottie players. Consider trying alternative players or libraries, and report issues to LottieFiles support for assistance. The examples on the site may be pre-optimized, so ensuring downloaded files are properly exported and not corrupted can help improve your experience.